Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shikamaru-sensei View Post
    Willpower is already mentioned in FS's first post. Willpower made only 2 notable appearances in my opinion, and those 2 times were when Naruto continued to take a beating from Kabuto and caught him with his Ransengan. He had the willpower to endure and not give up! The other time is when Jiraiya forced himself back to life to leave his message to Naruto/Konoha.
    Also when Itachi kept coming back to attack Sasuke to get rid of the curse seal also when he transmitted his eye techniques we took all he had left in his life to get poke his forehead

Quote Originally Posted by Steve3child View Post
    When someone has an unuasually high amount of 1 stat, i say that character is imbalanced, but also outstanding. And those are the characters like Lee and to some degree Naruto because they have a stat that is obviously higher by a significant amount than the other ones.
    The Best Ones Fall Last And The Hardest

great thread freakshow! very up to date and informing , keep em comnig

Sig By Damon Max

you forgot the 6th category of power, which is a combination of the other 5 u stated: Pain
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!

Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by Freakshow View Post
    I agree

But not always though.
    Assume a specific character has a skill of 5 in taijutsu and 1 in genjutsu and ninjutsu. This character fights someone who has a 4 in taijutsu and 4 in genjutsu and 4 in ninjutsu? Who's most likely to win? The one with the higher average? Why higher average? Because he can deal with more situations.

It basically comes down to who'll run out of options first. The more options you have, the greater your chance of victory.

But as for intelligence and will, it seems like they can basically find a way in the impossible. Shikamaru defeated someone who Kakuzu was unable to defeat, even though Kakuzu had greater power and his intelligence was Kage lvl.

Thats the thing with Taijutsu. Most people with Taijutsu lack defenses..
    People who have great aspects in defense, intelligence and Genjutsu (Perhaps) Has to wait for the opponent to start their act. Orochimaru and Shikamaru mostly seem to see what their opponent has in store for them,.. Not necessarily but mostly. IMO
    Addresing the text in bold if you used J-man & Orochimaru as model :

Oro = Nin 5 - Tai 3.5 - Gen 5 - Int 5 - Str 3.5 - Spd 4.5 - Sta 3.5 - Sea 5
    Jiry = Nin 5 - Tai 4.5 - Gen 3.5 - Int 4.5 - Str 4.5 - Spd 4.5 - Sta 5 - Sea 4.5

In general J-man has less weaknesses and is more well rounded which makes him well suitied for almost all kinds of of opponets. Not that I think one is really that much better than the other they are about even in my book.

However yes Intellegence and Chakra capacity and of course will power can counter other skills as we have seen in fights with Naruto and Shikamaru as you stated.

I think you really have to appreciate the amount of detail & balance Kishi put into the story to try and not make overpowered characters but more realistic ppl with amazing abilties but balanced with flaws.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaSSiiK Xx View Post
    The Best Ones Fall Last And The Hardest
    So you are saying that they always fail?
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

there is no point to this thread. you need to find something better to do with your time. im not being an ass. im being totally serious.
    Ecchi Pics Below:
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by erratic View Post
    there is no point to this thread. you need to find something better to do with your time. im not being an ass. im being totally serious.
    What are you talking about? So because this thread doesnt contain an argumentative question it's a waste of time? Dude we are just discussin shit and if you dont want to contribute feel free not to.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Steve3child View Post
    What are you talking about? So because this thread doesnt contain an argumentative question it's a waste of time? Dude we are just discussin shit and if you dont want to contribute feel free not to.
    That's exactly what I said. The thread doesn't have a purpose; no question, no opinion, not even a theory. Freak does enough with his theories (some I actually like, but some I'm not so fond of), he doesn't need to post threads like these. All it does is give us information we already know. Go to the first page right now, really go look, and ask yourself what the reason of this thread is. If your gonna answer "So we can discuss stuff" then your more of a fool that I thought. If you wanna go discuss crap like Lee and his case, then go make your own damn thread about it.

Like I said:
    I didn't mean that with any rude intentions, but I guess that doesn't click in your head. Don't post back at me just because you can't understand what I said.
    Ecchi Pics Below:
    Spoiler!

That's exactly what I said. The thread doesn't have a purpose; no question, no opinion, not even a theory. Freak does enough with his theories (some I actually like, but some I'm not so fond of), he doesn't need to post threads like these. All it does is give us information we already know. Go to the first page right now, really go look, and ask yourself what the reason of this thread is. If your gonna answer "So we can discuss stuff" then your more of a fool that I thought. If you wanna go discuss crap like Lee and his case, then go make your own damn thread about it.

Like I said:
    I didn't mean that with any rude intentions, but I guess that doesn't click in your head. Don't post back at me just because you can't understand what I said. Read things twice from now on before you feel like starting shit.

Fist of all, if you cant make a question out of someones statement like I did and everyone else did, well then you need to probably just refrain from even posting on certain topics. Secondly, the reason behind this thread is to discuss the different types of powers and interpreting them because it is useful to be mindful of these concepts when reading the manga. In your opinion, a thread needs to ask a question that you can answer or atleast have something to contribute on. This thread "asks" you to infer the information and discuss it. I'm sorry if you didnt get the point of this thread but dont go around saying threads are useless because you dont get the point of it. Everybody else does. We are having a discussion. But you depend on someones question to guide you to have a conversation, but when someone uses and creates data and posts it up you're lost because you dont know how to make inferences of it. Im not just discussing Lee, im relating him to the thread and it's theme but you fail to grasp that. You fail to understand what i was really saying and on top of that you try to say my contribution is worhtless because this thread is.

So in closing, if you dont know what the point of this thread is dont bother even posting in it. Simple yes?
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT