Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Why Gantz?

I was just going to check it out (read a few chapters) and all of a sudden I'm 137 chapters in bye the end of the day and found myself waking up early to finnish caching up.
    It grabs you bye the balls and doesn't let go.
    The Shinjuku indecent was fucking insane!
    The same thing happened to me, lol, except I never went to sleep <_<

Same happened to me as well I just went to bed at 4. This manga is crazy addicting.

EDIT: Well I read up to the 290 and I personally think this manga is insanely crazy. As stated over there re several emotions that mix in with the main characters and we still don't even know the purpose of the gantz balls. This manga is a great read nd has become one of my favorites in less than 24 hours.
    Last edited by Sir Chaos; 05-04-2009 at 03:45 AM.

after about 2 issues i lost track of time and less than 3 days later i was done. this recent chapter was even crazier
    Just think of me as your local Special Olympics announcer. http://www.mangashare.com/forums/ima...ine=1204054089
    Your Current Signature Picture i talk a lot and your retarded.

To be honest, I read the first 5 chapters and was like "why is everyone so into this?" I stopped reading it. Then, one day, bored I decided to go back to it. That's when I saw the first mission. I was hooked from then on!

What keeps me reading: Mystery of the Gantz balls, action, gore, sex, nudity, the aesthetics of the manga, character development and I've gotten attached to the characters. I'm mad at Reika for cloning Kei, I was sad when Kei forgot Tae. It's one of my top mangas, and I'm mad that I have to wait for new chapters after reading them 50 at a time

the reason i started reading the manga was 'cause of the anime, after the first season of the anime ended I felt it was incomplete -of course i wasn't wrong, usually I get to see the anime before the manga, so i decided to check it out- after I found the manga online I picked up from where the anime left off (I was surprised they didn't censur the anime like they do with so many others seinen mangas) action, death, sex, good drawings, I like it, yes sir i do.

Hello Gantz warriors

I like many of you started to read it and could not stop. the style of oku's art is simply amazing. his mix of real pictures and drawn art is so different but works so well.

what got me?

the adult or mature nature of the manga. the black and white art is a great medium for the starkness of reality he presents in his story.

the first mission kei-chan is on is perfect example. forced to kill in order to live and you nor the character is told why. the moral grey area is examined and you and i as the reader are thrust into these positions and you literally ask yourself, "would i kill this alien"? the brutality of the violence only parallels this starkness of the moral choices. and it shows so well in blackandwhite' And just when you thought the moral scale couldnt slide any more there was team osaka, what a bunch of a-holes. but still very likable.

After the first mission I had shell shock. When the team went out on a mission I was scared. This story has me all emotionally wrapped up in it. another reason, character growth especially in kie-chan. someone said you dont see characters as shitty as him in normal mangas, well this is definitely not your mama's manga.

i am totally hooked and now unfortunately i have to wait every two or so for another chapter to come out like many others here. i think we need to ask for a GANTZ only subforum because it truely deserves it. there is just so much to discuss.

oh yeah, i have long since read this manga..now that the online reader i have been reading this is out of the picture, where else do you reckon i can follow this series again? i think the last chap i read was when kei-chan was being targetted by one of those big badass aliens..maybe 3-4 chaps back..i got tired of it,but after watching the first season again, i kinda felt i had to follow this again for some reason..

*EDIT: found it. interesting. cant wait for the next chap!
    Last edited by snowbear; 09-17-2010 at 12:26 AM.

You got caught in my trap In your head!!!'s Avatar
    Gantz facinated me very when i was in 7th grade (first the anime), in Germany Gantz was showed at 0:30 in the night from sunday to monday once per week on Mtv cause we have no good anime tv... .(and i had no internet) I was younger and of course the boobs prisoned me in front of the tv ... but the end of the anime was very creepy so i looked for it when i got internet and was very happy when i found out that the story doesnt and like the animes. What i most liked at gantz is this very dark humor and the art. The story became strange in the last few chapters but i am a big fan and i will read till the end fck of how bad i will be . My most favorite scene is when kato get pierced with the tale of the "hundred arms" and i thought oh this is so boring we only see it from the site and kato survived cause the tale doesnt hit him and is behinde him... but and thats what i ment with the dark humor, cause like everybody knows kato died very unexpected thats one of the scenes who made gantz special for me i love it but i hope that i dont get in the gantz room cause i would die very soon...

Sorry for the bad gramma ....

Quote Originally Posted by In your head!!! View Post
    Gantz facinated me very when i was in 7th grade (first the anime), in Germany Gantz was showed at 0:30 in the night from sunday to monday once per week on Mtv cause we have no good anime tv... .(and i had no internet) I was younger and of course the boobs prisoned me in front of the tv ... but the end of the anime was very creepy so i looked for it when i got internet and was very happy when i found out that the story doesnt and like the animes. What i most liked at gantz is this very dark humor and the art. The story became strange in the last few chapters but i am a big fan and i will read till the end fck of how bad i will be . My most favorite scene is when kato get pierced with the tale of the "hundred arms" and i thought oh this is so boring we only see it from the site and kato survived cause the tale doesnt hit him and is behinde him... but and thats what i ment with the dark humor, cause like everybody knows kato died very unexpected thats one of the scenes who made gantz special for me i love it but i hope that i dont get in the gantz room cause i would die very soon...

Sorry for the bad gramma ....
    I got into Gantz the same way (I'm German), but I had a skip of about 2 years before it got my attention again.
    When I was randomly searching for new Manga to read, in found Gantz an it took me about 3 days to catch up with the story. The only breaks I took during readin were from 4-9 in the morning because I'm delivering newspapers and needed food/sleep afterwards.

Gantz has/had everything: Gore/Story/Well Made Characters/ART/ boobs/ and a high rate of surprise turning events.
    IMO the best Seinen I've evere read, though its getting worse lately (storywise)

(At first ,sorry for my bad english, I'm from Germany)
    For the first time I saw the Gantz Anime, I thought it was really weird and didn't understand what's going on but as i read the manga i began to like it, i don't think that Gantz is only about killing people and naked girls, how many people think. I think they don't get the message. This Manga critizises us Humans, how selfish we can be when it gets to safe our own life, or what we do for others if we care about them. Some thoughts of these characters in gantz are realistic to me, i think thats why i like this manga so much. It's an interesting story and I can't wait to read the new chapter. I don't know why this manga used to be for older men or something? That's what i read that Seinen Mangas are. I'm a young girl and I like it nevertheless. gantz rules!