Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Why Gantz?

i like the story of gantz it definately doesnt pull any punchs tho its a harsh manga/anime. however if you watch the anime its just gonna leave you wondering what happens lol so i had to read the manga as well.

Initiate
    i totally support you
    gantz is the best manga ever to be drawn

Story, Art, Gore, and Boobs.
    What's not to love.
    9 out of 10 for me.

Favorite character.
    Sakurai. I don't why, but I like his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Story, Art, Gore, and Boobs.
    What's not to love.
    9 out of 10 for me.

Favorite character.
    Sakurai. I don't why, but I like his character.
    Never forget the Boobs
    What Is A Grain Of Sand Compared To The Desert?

i liked the beginning of gantz cuz you dont see a lot of manga with that much nudity/sex lol. but seriously its all about the sci fi for me. im a huge sci fi fan lol. i even took a sci fi lit class in college last semester lol.

fav char is either......kei or reika lol

fine art, great plot, very cool characters (most of them) and hot bambinas.... xd
    one of my fav arcs .... the fight against the stautes - bammmmmm^^

Quote Originally Posted by mzorro View Post
    fine art, great plot, very cool characters (most of them) and hot bambinas.... xd
    one of my fav arcs .... the fight against the stautes - bammmmmm^^
    Fight against the statues is one of my favorites too
    What Is A Grain Of Sand Compared To The Desert?

The idea of it intrigues me, its original, its dark, at times its humorous (like when Gantz is giving out scores "100 people saw (LOL)" "Staring at Kurono as if she was in a trance"), has a bunch of characters that it likes to kill off quite often . Its a blessing and a curse, even when one of your favorite characters dies you don't worry to much because you know they can just be revived, but it kind of takes out a lot of the suspense of wondering if they're going to die or not. I love it! Though one thing that really bugs me is the fact they it'll drone on and on with them pretty much just saying "Can we shoot it?? Can we shoot it??" SHOOT THE DAMN THING AND DON'T BE STUPID!

Gantz has a lot of appeals to me, despite its flaws. One thing I really like is that it doesn't idealize its protagonists, the main character starts out, intentional, as a very detestable character. Most stories tend to have the main character as either well intentioned or at least idealistic. When the story begins, Kei is someone who has no real strong qualities, he has lost the strength and idealism that he had when he was younger. He is a character who seems to have grown increasingly selfish and yet disinterested in himself. He doesn't seem to have much in the way of dreams or ambitions besides having sex with girls who he only wants for their bodies. It is extremely rare to see these qualities in the main character and that along with the mysterious story were what really got me interest when I first started reading it. I really wanted to see how the character would grow as the events of his life became more extreme and made him more significant. I kind of feel like the series has started to loose that development though.

Another thing I really like isthe way that the story holds very little back, its brutally raw. It shows people from all walks of life being put into terrible situations and rarely discriminates between them. In most stories you have pretty good idea as to who will live and who will die, in Gantz any character can die and the protagonists don't always win or find a way to overcome the situation, sometimes the cast gets almost a complete reset because shit happens. Not many stories take that kind of risk, even fewer can pull it off while still making you care and keeping you involved.

Of course, there are a number of other appeals. I really like the art and there are lots of interesting ideas and creature designs. Gantz has a lot going for it, my main complaint is that it doesn't answer enough questions and it has gotten kind of muddled, there are now too many characters with too many things going on.

I was just going to check it out (read a few chapters) and all of a sudden I'm 137 chapters in bye the end of the day and found myself waking up early to finnish caching up.
    It grabs you bye the balls and doesn't let go.
    The Shinjuku indecent was fucking insane!!
    all these faces look like they're thinking but aren't