Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Why Gantz?

That's actually what I would like to remove from Gantz, all the fan-service. I just want the plot to go forward, you can get any other perverted manga if you are looking for tits.

(with "you" I don't mean you, asanchez89, but in general terms)

Kei's character development is the one thing that attracts me the most.
    Never seen a ordinary teenager change into a hero, sadist, coward, fighting machine, lover, good friend, leader and many other personalities simultaneously.

I mean at start he is crying and then afterwards changes into a fearless man who wishes to kill his enemies. Thats a big leap. Maybe It's the stress witch is caused by battling aliens that's changing him so much.
    What Is A Grain Of Sand Compared To The Desert?

one of the best looking manga's

character development and the psychology of those effected by the senseless murder they are forced to commit

the sliver of plot you get with each chap that intrigues you so much you cant help but read more.
    hmm i wonder what obitos doing right now.... decomposing and smelling up the joint i gess coz hes dead!!

Slovakia, not Slovenia - LEARN THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE !!!
    Simple :

theres phsycology, sex, action, drama, love, gore, sci-fi, Reikas boobs, mystery

that should sum it up
    FAVOURITE MANGAS
    Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Claymore, Ao No Exorcist, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Gamaran, Toriko, Vinland Saga, Gantz, Wolf Guy, Deadman Wonderland, Vagabond, Blade of The Immortal, Battle Royale, Zettman

Quote Originally Posted by damnz View Post
    It has an awesome beginning, with a refreshing and original plot and cool characters (and character design); but it becomes a bit boring around chapters 230 more or less; where it starts to be only pure action, and you want it to end already, just like Bleach.

Nowadays I keep reading it just to see how does it end.
    Same kind of deal for me. It was really awesome for a while, but right around the Osaka episode it became a lot less interesting. Not much concrete development in the story since then. The last time I remember being excited by Gantz was when Takeshi became a little 'muscle rider' himself and beat up a bunch of aliens.
    Currently reading: One Piece, Air Gear, History's Strongest Deciple Kenichi, Claymore, Gantz, Psyren, Fairy Tail,
    Change 123, Dragonball, Beelzebub, Deadman Wonderland, Naruto, Bleach, Bakuman.

i like it for the suspense, and mystery.
    we still don't know why the gantz balls were made in the first place,
    or if kei will get his memory back,
    or when the world ends.
    and also i'm tierd of all these stupid pusssy "girly" love manga.

Veteran Member
    i liked the starting the most....the sci-fi, gore when needed and wanted, and the mystery

the first few seasons got me addicted to the characters and story line, wondering what gantz is
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Damon Max View Post
    Simple :

theres phsycology, sex, action, drama, love, gore, sci-fi, Reikas boobs, mystery

that should sum it up
    I totally agree!
    What Is A Grain Of Sand Compared To The Desert?

its shion izumi

Gantz is :
    - the most awesome drawn manga on this planet, there's no one able to draw like Hiroya Oku sensei. (The one artwork nearing gantz level is manga called "homunculus")
    - great story line, its shows the flaw in human soul. Their weak spirit, in real life some people tough on the outside but under stressfull situation a coward inside)

My favorite character is izumi,
    I know he act and the mangaka potrays him like a real wacko, but he let his full potential without depending on external sources (such as saving the people you love and such).
    Izumi is not like kurono who is "FORCED" to become a "tough guy" after a series of stressfull events. He just love the game.
    He's got a lot of confidence even in front of vampires.
    But in the end he show his love to his girlfriend (getting killed by vampires). I think that is a great ending for him.

This manga is great!. You guys try Vinland Saga its good too.

artworks nice. Story is pretty good. And pretty much what mostly whatever everyone else said. It's one of those stories that can kill off main characters and continue on sort of creating new main characters.