Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Gantz?

Why Gantz?

Now Gantz readers tell me why do you read it.
    What appeals you so? Gore, characters, plain violence, sci-fi? I'm just curious.

And witch chapter you like the most?

The plot seemed interesting. Kei's character development also caught my interest. I liked the chapters when they were fighting the vampires. That arc was pretty cool.

OP, that really is a good question. After all these chapters, we really don't know what the plot is about, but enough tidbits are given to keep me interested. The other thing is the computer aided art style that just looks amazing.

I liked the style of art, and the mystery about what Gantz is was enough to keep me interested all through the violence (Not a big fan or gore).
    Plus, it was a pretty new concept, not like some of the recycled manga plots.

Let's get this party started.

I liked it more when there was a strong possibility that anyone could die, no matter how invincible or likable they seemed. You never knew how they aliens would slaughter people because of Gantz's humorous tendency to be vague with descriptions, but you knew chances were slim that more than 2 or 3 people would come back alive. Now, the group is basically a platoon of trained soldiers, so their chances of dying horrible, gruesome deaths is decreased, which makes me very sad ;_;

Its Good...It Just Rather Gets To Complex At Times

Thx alot for the detailed of this manga..

Guess im gona check it out too, heard this manga is a rather popular seinen..

I love how it's so mysterious you know? Also, it really gets you attached with certain characters, and the next thing you know, they are gone. It is very emotional and gets you attached.

Mangas I'm reading: Gantz, Bleach, One piece, Psyren, Change 123, Eye shield 21, Naruto, and Reborn!

It has an awesome beginning, with a refreshing and original plot and cool characters (and character design); but it becomes a bit boring around chapters 230 more or less; where it starts to be only pure action, and you want it to end already, just like Bleach.

Nowadays I keep reading it just to see how does it end.

i like all of the gantz manga but i miss the fan service
    just being honest.