Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Team Medical Dragon

Team Medical Dragon

Simple Synopsis: It's a story with revolves around the genius surgeon by the name of Asada Ryutaro. A man who doesn't belong in the Japanese hospital systems is invited to a university medical center in order to partake in the severely risky Batista maneuver. Follow him as he gathers together a team and little by little starts changing the way things are done.

Person Opinion: I honestly love this manga. It captivates me dearly for some reason. I will have to warn you that there is nudity and the first chapter does contain some illicit sex, but there hasn't been any more since then. The only problem with this series is that Nexgear is the only group scanlating it and in the last three years or so they have released 35 chapters of it, whereas the raws for up to 12 volumes can be found. So to say the least, they are alittle slow on releases. I just want more people to give it a chance, and to not be dissuaded against it by the first chapter.

On another note: Because of it's popularity in Japan, there is even a live action drama of it. I found this to be kinda funny.

If you want to download all the chapters that are out, you can either google Nexgear or register at this website and get it from here: http://www.mangadownload.net/manga.php?a=series&sid=148

If your interested in the Raws of it: http://www.rawmanga.com/tmd.php

It looks interesting (and the artwork great), but it's all about medical operations?

why is it so hard for people to see the difference between seinen and shonen...

Quote Originally Posted by barbapapa View Post
    why is it so hard for people to see the difference between seinen and shonen...
    Probably people don't even know what "Seinen" is, so they put everything in the Shonen group...

Actually, about 5 of the places I went labeled this as Shounen so I decided to put it here. I already thought about where to put it and decided since most people labeled it as Shounen, that's probably what it was.

Besides, really not that many times where it is for adults only. Only the first chapter, and a couple of times when they operate on naked bodies are the only things I can think of, everything else is Shounen.
    Last edited by ZantetsukenX; 08-10-2007 at 07:24 PM.

I would still tag it as Seinen, to be safe. Shonen is designed for young boys.

I've already downloaded and read some chapters and I think this is obviously a seinen. It's as simple as to see that it has sex and nudity, then it's not shonen, it's for adults.

I just wish that scanlations would come out faster. It's a wierd situation because you know the groups work hard to scanlate manga yet when you love a series so much you just want it to come out as fast as possible.

So in the end, I'm just being rude to the scanlation team by making such comments.

As a guy who is applying to med school, this manga is pretty amazing. I love how anime can make things more interesting. I mean there's a food manga, skating manga, Go manga, Mahjong manga, football manga, soccer manga, basketball manga, and of course fighting manga. This is definitely a must read. It's like playing Trauma center.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

me too!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfox87 View Post
    As a guy who is applying to med school, this manga is pretty amazing. I love how anime can make things more interesting. I mean there's a food manga, skating manga, Go manga, Mahjong manga, football manga, soccer manga, basketball manga, and of course fighting manga. This is definitely a must read. It's like playing Trauma center.
    as a medic student.. I felt the same.. to be honest, this manga has re-defined my purpose of being a doctor...
    White Angel.... or Black Demon....