Page 52 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigunflame View Post
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16832116754

Nah, you can get Home Premium for $99; but that's not saying much.
    And uh..... no comment I'm not "in" to getting sued.
    i use my computer everyday pretty much. Don't get me wrong i have copies of win 7 that i actually own. getting them through student or military discounts (win 7 home and pro). if i had to swap over to them i can reinstall the os. ive yet to run across problems with pirated os =) in the last decade or so =). but as a person ur entitled to how u feel about it. me personally i have no issues =)

btw new wallpaper =)

Beer and Music
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    When it comes to internet memes, he has a hard time using them.

So you finally pirated yourself a copy of Win 7? I was too until I found out you can buy the OEM version for $99.
    It's sad really, makes me not want to use them anymore.

oh yeah, but i got the Ultimate edition.

For the bolded part, as you said might not mean much to the average user. I setup networks for a living even at home my shit is pretty basic. I dont do much at home anyway. Actually I use the Windows OS more efficiently on my HTC HD2 than on my own pc.

Also not sure about movement. I installed that copy of Win 7 on my laptop and desktop with no issues.
    Use of this OEM System Builder Channel software is subject to the terms of the Microsoft OEM System Builder License. This software is intended for pre-installation on a new personal computer for resale. This OEM System Builder Channel software requires the assembler to provide end user support for the Windows software and cannot be transferred to another computer once it is installed. To acquire Windows software with support provided by Microsoft please see our full package "Retail" product offerings.

OEM (System Builder) If you buy a new computer from a local PC builder (sometimes called a “white box” PC), you can get an OEM edition of Windows preinstalled. This type of OEM license differs in a few crucial details from the version the big PC makers sell:

As with the royalty OEM versions, your copy of Windows is locked to the PC on which it is installed and cannot be transferred to a PC, nor can the motherboard be upgraded.
    Under the terms of its agreement with Microsoft, the OEM must use the Windows OEM Preinstallation Kit (OPK) to install Windows. When you first turn on the PC, you accept a license agreement with the OEM and with Microsoft. The OEM is required to provide support for your copy of Windows.
    Activation of your new PC is required within 30 days. The product key should already have been entered as part of the OPK installation and activation should be automatic and transparent to you.
    Although it is possible for an individual to buy a System Builder copy of Windows 7 and install it on a new PC, that scenario is specifically prohibited by the license agreement, which requires that the software be installed using the OPK and then resold to a non-related third party. (As I noted in a September 2008 post, Microsoft once allowed “hobbyists” to use OEM System Builder software to build their own PCs, but the company switched to a hard-line stance on this issue sometime after Vista shipped in early 2007.)
    When you purchase a white-box PC from a system builder, the PC maker preinstalls the Windows version you purchased. The package you receive includes reinstallation media and a product key that is similar to a full packaged product but cannot be used for an in-place upgrade. You may or may not receive both 32-bit and 64-bit media. If you receive both types of media, you can switch from 32-bit to 64-bit Windows or vice versa by performing a custom reinstall using your product key.
    I don't know the specifics being that I have not used it (OEM) personally. I think it's saying that Once it's installed; wherever it is (installed to a hard drive), cannot be transferred to another system or the system it was originally installed to cannot be reconfigured in an extensive manner. As for installing on multiple systems, I don't know how that would work; but it certainly isn't legal and that's the whole point of "Buying" windows in the first place is it not?
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Trigunflame; 06-05-2010 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xzero20 View Post
    i use my computer everyday pretty much. Don't get me wrong i have copies of win 7 that i actually own. getting them through student or military discounts (win 7 home and pro). if i had to swap over to them i can reinstall the os. ive yet to run across problems with pirated os =) in the last decade or so =). but as a person ur entitled to how u feel about it. me personally i have no issues =)

btw new wallpaper =)
    When I went to ECPI they gave us copies of pretty much all the windows at the time (Win XP was the highest not including the server ones).

Also you have a laptop? Thats a wide pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigunflame View Post
    I don't know the specifics being that I have not used it (OEM) personally. I think it's saying that Once it's installed; wherever it is (installed to a hard drive), cannot be transferred to another system or the system it was originally installed to cannot be reconfigured in an extensive manner. As for installing on multiple systems, I don't know how that would work.
    Spoiler!
    Its like MS saying you can't install it on another pc. But whats to say you had a virus and has to do an OS reinstall *wink wink*

Beer and Music

Say what homie?

edit: rated my computer right now, shit was gay, i got 5.5's on all sections except the gaming part, i don't use my laptop for gaming, actually, i don't use my desktop for gaming either, i has ps3,360, and other crap. So "overall" because of the gaming fail, it's like 3.4. Fuck you windows

I still have Windows XP on my laptop...

Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    Say what homie?
    Your processor aint fucking wit mine homie. LOL also you use your forum name too like me. Sweet.

Beer and Music
    Your processor aint fucking wit mine homie. LOL also you use your forum name too like me. Sweet.

A friend of mine said it's easy to build your own computer, but since i lack those skills, he will be helping me. I can't wait.

<3

When I went to ECPI they gave us copies of pretty much all the windows at the time (Win XP was the highest not including the server ones).

Also you have a laptop? Thats a wide pic.
    resolution is 5760x1080 spread through 3 monitors. its an eyefinity setup. here ill post a pic, let me just find one.

Quote Originally Posted by xzero20 View Post
    resolution is 5760x1080 spread through 3 monitors. its an eyefinity setup. here ill post a pic, let me just find one.
    My mind is blown...