Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Pew Pew Pew....

Naruto a big rip-off?

I'm sure others have noticed, but is Naruto a bit lacking of ideas seeing as how the whole "sharigan" and hypnosis thing was in Getbackers already, one of the main guys had his "snake eyes" or i think it was called "wild eyes" or something and he could the whole hypnosis thing and just like Itachi, the guy could only use it 3 times within a day.

Then there's this....

http://img339.imageshack.us/my.php?i...alanimebd8.gif

comments?

what are u talking about, or do you mean genjutsu (eye techniques) if so what about them?

The Neji/Naruto fight was like, wow... years ago. I don't really see any type of rip-off here, your evidence is so insignificant.
    Last edited by Kendoki; 08-10-2007 at 04:50 AM.

Of course, its ripped off so many manga its not even funny.

hmm, naruto world figting styles are based on actual martial art in chinese and japanese culture anyway, so i guess they implement those fighting styles into naruto and other fighting anime, thats just my guess

It just uses similar manga/anime properties.

Like a perverted hermit. Naruto's Jiraiya is basically like DBZ's Roshi, which could in turn be like Bleach's Urahara.

true

Pew Pew Pew....
    I wasn't referring to just fighting styles in general, just that the Naruto/Neiji fight in that little instance is frame for frame a copy off Cowboy Beebop and when I was talking about the sharingan thing, it's identical to the Ban's eye techinique from Getbackers. I'm not saying I hate Kishi or the animators for doing such, but doesn't that seem a little too unoriginal?

Banned
    lol dude Kishimoto admitted he had many many many anime/manga influences.
    so Naruto has many many many similarties to other anime/manga.

But then again i can find similarities in almost every other show. The only one i respect for being original to the core is One Piece. thats one heck of a mof***ing original show!

But yeah if u REALLY wanna have a look at the thing that naruto seeme dto have copied the most, then let me introduce u to a little aweosme anime/manga named

HUNTER X HUNTER

if u've never heard of it go read it NOW or watch it. It's sweet and u'll be surprised at how friggin huge the similarities with Naruto are. (note HxH came out years before Naruto)

Gon = Naruto
    Killua/Kurapika = Sasuke
    Hisoka = Orochimaru

heck even the Rasengan and Chidori make an appearance in HxH lol of course under different names.

You honestly have no idea how much shits been ripped from other people.