Detroit Metal City (DMC) ~ Kiminori Wakasugi

(From Onemanga.com)

"Detroit Metal City is about a death metal band that has gained immense popularity in the indie scene. The main character is a push-over, Negichi Souchi, who is trying to make a living in the music world, but he didn't imagine in his wildest dreams that it would be in such a band. Read and see what hilarious situations he gets himself into."

Both the manga and the anime for this series are completely hilarious. As a big Metal fan, myself, the parody was all the more satisfying, but the brilliance of each chapter/episode of the series will reach anyone. Don't miss out on this one.

I highly suggest the anime, which I actually viewed after reading the manga... it's probably the best adaptation I've seen, the animation, sounds, and pacing are genius. And the music in the series, whether it be Death Metal or Swedish Pop, are actually on par with real bands (despite the obviously satirically retarded lyrics).

Krauser's raping tokyo tower!!! The bitch is getting wet!!!

Haven't bothered with the manga, but I jumped on the anime as soon as I saw the Special promo ep get released by Ureshi. Triad are doing a nice job of the series itself so far :3

TBH I don't like the music in it, the lyrics are laughable and well, I don't really like Metal in the first place, not this kind of Death metal stuff anyway, It's just noise made for teenagers :x

But, the anime is fucking brilliant, had me laughing so many times so far, Red ranger beating up the other two rangers to protect Krauser infront of a bunch of innocent kids, love that kind of dark humour x3

(off topic) Not ALL metal is just noise for teens, there's a big difference between Iron Maiden/Black Sabbath and Slipknot/Mudvayne. But to each his own.

(on topic) DMC is amazing. Every episode is comedy gold. Truly a great anime.

Read it a while ago, nowhere near up to date any more, but it was very good.