Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I think he HAS to use his body... To find the mountain atleast

How?

The body is totally destroyed. He lacks an arm. He can't speak. It's really destroyed.

Look at all the other bodies, not a scratch (if you count away a minor scratch on the first summoning-body).

How? How would that be possible to use such a destroyed body?

And why? What function does he fill? Why use it if it's totally destroyed?

Face it. He is dead. He will never turn up again, except for flashbacks. He had a fitting death. He was one of the best characters ever created in a manga, let him rest now.

Spoiler!

Awesome, just awesome

Well, it I'm not mistaken, the bodies still hold the memories. So why wouldn't he use it just to find the mountain? Unless you have an alternative to suggest...

I can see you're in love with Jiraiya so I can understand why you're becoming upset but chill out and think about it.

If you don't know the way, it takes a month. I.E. Needs to know the way, his memories hold the way. <- Purpose served

Quote Originally Posted by demi007 View Post
    Well, it I'm not mistaken, the bodies still hold the memories. So why wouldn't he use it just to find the mountain? Unless you have an alternative to suggest...

I can see you're in love with Jiraiya so I can understand why you're becoming upset but chill out and think about it.
    If you don't know the way, it takes a month. I.E. Needs to know the way, his memories hold the way. <- Purpose served
    Where is that stated that Pain will receive their memories? It's a long shot.

The mind and body are two different things. A body is a container. We do not know to what extent Pain does his body-thing or what really happens. Everything we know so far is that he takes over dead bodies. They're like puppets, no mind of their own.

In a lot of scriptures mind and soul are one. If you die your soul will continue, and your mind with it.

Jiraiya is dead, thus having no mind and no memories. A body is a shell, and it can't hold memories.

I'm not in love with Jiraiya. We're practically married. Well, he hasn't said 'I do', but I take his silence as approval.

Spoiler!

Awesome, just awesome

No.

No:

-Jiraiya's body is lost at the bottom of some lake.
    -Why would Pain use a body with no arm, crushed throat, and impaled 100 times?
    -Jiraiya was a legendary ninja who died honorably. It would be stupid to see him return as some puppet.

Naruto Theories. Rewriting Manga to serve its purposes since 2007

At what point did you find out Pain retained the memories of the dead bodies?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

It wouldn't be too crazy to think that pain would use Jirayra's body, but I personally don't think he will. As far as I know, using him would cause a huge psychological damage in Naruto, and that would be a very good way as a strategist to deal with him. But Pain thinks of himself as god, so i don't think he would bother himself with strategies. Plus, I stongly belive that he doesn't use any body, he selects them acording to the chackra they have.
    Naruto.... In my case... the gateway for the manga universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    There was a thread like this long before... and it died (I think).
    Yeah, my thread was it.