Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Luffy knows Crocodile's weakness. Using Gear 2nd and 3rd, Corocodile is down in just 10 seconds. Luffy is much more stronger and faster.. Crocodile is too slow, Luffy got the speed and strength. Crocodile is no match for Luffy.

that time fruit bastard on davy back fight arc had only 40 million bounty and he was pretty strong (luffy had 100million)
    ------------------------------------------
    but if luffy would have been incapable of winning against croc, then luffy wouldnt have met him so early? and croc are the best logia fruit user(so far) cuz if smoker isnt ready you can hit him same whit ace. cuz when the mugiwaras come to alabasta luffy crashes inte smoker and ace from the back, and croc couldnt be hit even in his sleep (if someone didnt use water) so he had the best control over his devil fruit.
    Last edited by Vacuum; 08-15-2007 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum View Post
    that time fruit bastard on davy back fight arc had only 40 million bounty and he was pretty strong (luffy had 100million)
    but if luffy would have been incapable of winning against croc, then luffy wouldnt have met him so early? and croc are the best logia fruit user(so far) cuz if smoker isnt ready you can hit him same whit ace. cuz when the mugiwaras come to alabasta luffy crashes inte smoker and ace from the back, and croc couldnt be hit even in his sleep (if someone didnt use water) so he had the best control over his devil fruit.
    Luffy's bounty was 100 million, Foxy had 24 million. Honestly Foxy beat up Luffy pretty good. Yes, Foxy cheated like the stupid two head he is and Luffy did win in the end. However it shows that bounty isn't everything. Please don't take bounty as a measurement of power like Dragon Ball or something. Bounty signifies the person's dangerous level to the world stability, not really combat capability.

Crocodile is hardly the most powerful devil fruit user around. Enel is definitely stronger, so is Blackbeard. True, Ace and Smoker did not master their devil fruits as you have observed during Alabasta. However in term of fighting capability, Ace is superior than Crocodile. Logia fruits are not equal. If strictly used for offensive purposes, hazardous elements are far stronger than others. Hazardous elements are those that harm human upon physical contact, such as lightning, fire, ice. Ace's offensive capability is higher than Crocodile, even if his mastery is one level lower. All in all, Crocodile is actually one of weaker logia users. His mastery is perfect, yet his weakness is too easy to exploit and sand is not a hazardous element. Sure, draining moisture is nice, but you don't exactly scream with pain when your feet touches sand.

yea that's a good point however i didnt say all logia fruits is equal just that ace and smoker would have been hell of a lot stronger if they had as good control as croc. (sry about that foxy bounty a long time since i've read that)
    im pretty intrested in the other shibukai we know like 5 so far and we dont even now how strong they are so it will be fun when the others come's up in the manga...
    Last edited by Vacuum; 08-15-2007 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Smoke can blind you. Quick sand can pwn you. Luffy gear 2 would win. I mean the chances of him scratching himself den hitting crodile in the face would be pretty high i imagine

But the argument that Duke is proposing is that if Luffy had the powers of the Gears back when he first fought Croc, he would still lose. I don't remember that first match exactly, but I don't remember Croc scratching him up (maybe he did, like I said, I don't remember). Croc certainly doesn't need to inflict bodily fluid-inducing injuries to win a fight. What I do remember is that he drained him fully dry of his fluids, and that's how Luffy lost Round 1. You think Luffy would've had the instinct/smarts to inflict a cut on himself so that he can deal damage to Croc? No. Where would he have the opportunity to scratch himself, in the middle of an empty desert, and have enough physical bloody damage on his damage-dealing limbs (fist, legs, head) to have a moist surface area large enough to deal a strong blow to Croc? Nowhere. Did he have a full supply of water to last a fight with Croc? No. Therefore, there is no way that Luffy with Gears 1/2/3/4/x could've beaten him on their first meeting. Croc isn't like Enel where his weakness was obvious from the start. By the time Luffy figures it out, it would've been way too late to do anything about it. So all this talk about Luffy Jet Gatling-ing Croc to death on an initial meeting is pointless.
    Last edited by StrataRazor; 08-23-2007 at 01:20 PM.
    Simplicity is of its own grandeur...

About the round 1 of Luffy against Croc with gear 2 or 3. While luffy is on gear 2, his sweet evaporate, giving it like a smoke, while he punches the sand, that smoke also hits the sand, what is that smoke? its liquid, as it passes through the sand, it will moist it little by little, and at some point, he will get one hit on him, he realizes he was able to hit him once, he tries a gomu gomu no bazooka and since he is so fast, croc doesn't even have time to dodge and thats it, goodbye croc in round 1.
    Now against Smoker, the only way to defeat him is if he surprice attack him with his strongest attack, cause once he realizes he is in combat, he will stay in logia form and never get hit again.
    Last edited by Erpada; 08-23-2007 at 01:53 PM.
    AWSOME, ONE PIECE IS JUST FREAKING AWSOME!!.

It's really a pointless debate since it didn't happen but Luffy unless Luffy's jet attacks have a kick to them that his jet shots have like...moisture in them, chances are, Crocodile probably could have escaped at least.

Ravona

Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!

This may sound silly, but doesn't Gear 2 Luffy produce steam? You know, water vapor? So if Gear 2 Luffy fought Crocodile, the steam coming from his body could nullify Crocodile's ability.

Just a thought.