Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29
  1. #11
    SOS Brigade Chief DukeTheGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Jink View Post
    What? Luffy beat Crocodile without any gears. Having Gear 2 would be overkill on Crocodile.
    Quote Originally Posted by luimac View Post
    not really... unless he had water or cut himself to be able to actually connect...
    remember... Luffy sees Smoker and RUNS... he knows he would be at a disadvantage against people he cant hit.. is cause he was so mad at Croco that he continued to fight even after being defeated twice
    Well, I suppose this is how the scenario would work:

    Luffy at present strength with all his gears V.S. Sir Crocodile.

    Luffy has no knowledge about Sir Crocodile's abilities whatsoever, neither does Crocodile know about Luffy's.

    The two fights.

    Luffy goes gear 2nd, punches 20000 holes in Croc.

    Luffy goes gear 3rd, punches a giant crater.

    Luffy goes: "WTF??"

    Crocodile turns Luffy into mummy.

    Battle is over.

    Basically back in Alabasta, during the first Luffy V.S. Crocodile, even if Luffy has his current power level, he still would lose. Luffy only managed to learned Croc's weakness by sheer chance.

    The above scenario applies to current Luffy against Smoker as well. Smoker is probably the weakest Logia user thus far. He has no mastery over his devil fruit and smoke doesn't exactly sound as scary as fire or lightning. But Luffy still would lose against Smoker.
    Last edited by DukeTheGold; 08-09-2007 at 10:17 PM.

  2. #12
    フェアリーテイル Jink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Oda Eiichiro's Bed
    Posts
    1,062
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeTheGold View Post
    Well, I suppose this is how the scenario would work:

    Luffy at present strength with all his gears V.S. Sir Crocodile.

    Luffy has no knowledge about Sir Crocodile's abilities whatsoever, neither does Crocodile know about Luffy's.

    The two fights.

    Luffy goes gear 2nd, punches 20000 holes in Croc.

    Luffy goes gear 3rd, punches a giant crater.

    Luffy goes: "WTF??"

    Crocodile turns Luffy into mummy.

    Battle is over.

    Basically back in Alabasta, during the first Luffy V.S. Crocodile, even if Luffy has his current power level, he still would lose. Luffy only managed to learned Croc's weakness by sheer chance.

    The above scenario applies to current Luffy against Smoker as well. Smoker is probably the weakest Logia user thus far. He has no mastery over his devil fruit and smoke doesn't exactly sound as scary as fire or lightning. But Luffy still would lose against Smoker.
    Are you forgetting that Luffy knows Crocodiles weakness? By applying that with a gear would destroy him. :/

    READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks
    Shamo || Vinland Saga || Mirai Nikki || Dangu || Tokyo Red Hood
    **************************************

  3. #13
    SOS Brigade Chief DukeTheGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Jink View Post
    Are you forgetting that Luffy knows Crocodiles weakness? By applying that with a gear would destroy him. :/
    My point was that if Luffy had his current level of power back during the first round of Crocodile V.S. Luffy, Luffy will lose regardless. That is because Luffy DID NOT acknowledge Crocodile's weakness back then.

    So if Robin didn't exist. In theory, Luffy would be dead right now, gear or no gear. Being physically strong has nothing to do with damaging a logia.

  4. #14
    フェアリーテイル Jink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Oda Eiichiro's Bed
    Posts
    1,062
    Luffy would have won, because he would have met Robin, and he would have acknowledged Crocodiles weakness. That's what happens, whether he's stronger now then he was doesn't make a difference.

    READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks
    Shamo || Vinland Saga || Mirai Nikki || Dangu || Tokyo Red Hood
    **************************************

  5. #15
    SOS Brigade Chief DukeTheGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Jink View Post
    Luffy would have won, because he would have met Robin, and he would have acknowledged Crocodiles weakness. That's what happens, whether he's stronger now then he was doesn't make a difference.
    True. However Crocodile still would be able to win round 1. So Luffy having gears wouldn't make a difference. Crocodile is still considered to be "stronger", since Luffy was the loser.

    The only difference is that Luffy would be able to own Croc in round two, instead of round three.

    Then again, Luffy having a sudden power up may direct the outcome of the battle toward a new direction. Perhaps Luffy never would have grabbed the water and never discovered Croc's weakness.

    In any case, Croc isn't weak, that's all.

  6. #16
    The Irish Cougar MountainLionLink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Mission, KS
    Posts
    716
    What is up with the Shichibukai?

    My question is this, we have read/heard that the Shichibukai were former pirates who held high bounties. However what happened to their crew after they were forced to disband?

    No one has came forward as of yet and said, "I was the former navigator/cook/etc to Captain Crocodile or any of the other Shichibukai."

    Does the World Government execute the former crew members of the Shichibukai or are those crew members given a pardon as long as they do not raise the colors again?

    Since Oda hasn't said anything, I'm just making a random statement of course. Alas that is all we can do until Oda does make it happen.
    HALO
    It's just the Metroid series remade for the Xbox crowd.
    However Samus Aran is now some unknown low ranking military personal.
    Also the space pirates worship some giant doomsday hula hoop machine.

    Currently Reading
    Karakuri Circus, Mx0, Red River, Rosario+Vampire, One Piece

    Nintendo Wii Friend's number
    3432.6005.8978.2772

  7. #17
    FUCKING GAR Asce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Munitions Warehouse
    Posts
    2,768
    Well from what we've seen Hawkeye didn't really have a crew. He just floated around destroying things. We know Donflamingo (or whatever the fuck his name is) still checks up on his "crew". And Gecko Moria has probably turned his whole crew into zombies on his zombie island/ship.


    Ravona

    Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!

  8. #18
    The Irish Cougar MountainLionLink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Mission, KS
    Posts
    716

    Bleach

    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    Well from what we've seen Hawkeye didn't really have a crew. He just floated around destroying things. We know Donflamingo (or whatever the fuck his name is) still checks up on his "crew". And Gecko Moria has probably turned his whole crew into zombies on his zombie island/ship.
    True, but Donflamingo just said that they were in his crew, not that they were high ranking members. I'm being picky here I guess.
    HALO
    It's just the Metroid series remade for the Xbox crowd.
    However Samus Aran is now some unknown low ranking military personal.
    Also the space pirates worship some giant doomsday hula hoop machine.

    Currently Reading
    Karakuri Circus, Mx0, Red River, Rosario+Vampire, One Piece

    Nintendo Wii Friend's number
    3432.6005.8978.2772

  9. #19
    フェアリーテイル Jink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Oda Eiichiro's Bed
    Posts
    1,062
    I don't really think anything happens to the crew, and you don't necessarily have to have a crew in order to be a pirate. In Mihawk's case it doesn't even seem like he cares about being a pirate or not. He only cares about his swordsmanship.

    READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks
    Shamo || Vinland Saga || Mirai Nikki || Dangu || Tokyo Red Hood
    **************************************

  10. #20
    SOS Brigade Chief DukeTheGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,552
    Supposedly Crocodile should have had a crew as well. Baroque Works couldn't be his crew, all of them are bounty hunters. Mihawk seems to be the loner type, I wouldn't be surprised if he never had a crew from the start. Consider how little Doflamingo values his own crew, presumably his underlings are just fillers.

Similar Threads

  1. The Final Shichibukai
    By samurai in forum One Piece
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 04-07-2008, 06:50 AM
  2. So I think this whats going to happen.
    By Newkid32 in forum Naruto Theories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 06:38 PM
  3. How are the remaining Shichibukai gonna go down?
    By AznDevil in forum One Piece
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 05:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •