So now the immediate threat will disappear but that's nothing compared to what's to come when Acnologia starts the next apocalypse.
The Dragon Slayers are still too weak, they had trouble with these dragons and their all fodder to Acnologia, I don't know how but they need some insane power up to even have a fighting chance.
Acnologia is going to break them, I'm sure.
Question is where is Zeref? We haven't seen hims since the "time skip".
^ Playing chase with Acnologia ? From the looks of it Acnologia is after Zeref, for whatever reason he/she/it has. Seemingly, according to this arc, Zeref had a lot to do with Acnologia becoming a Dragon, so maybe it is revenge, or a countermeasure so that no one else will be able to claim that level of power as well ?
Now that I think about, all those Zeref's Monsters/Demons might have been actually created to battle Acnologia, but humans have used them against each other ? I have also seen a theory that they were made to kill Zeref himself, since he can't die because he constantly sucks out life from the surrounding or something like that.
Lucy and Rouge already are from 2 different futures, so if the gate is destroyed all it should do is create another future. If it doesn't than will just be a major plot hole. Hopefully the dragons will stay, I would hate if this plan actually worked.
Speaking of Acnologia,
1) Did he gain the ability to kill so many dragons because of Zeref, or did Zeref's magic merely transform him into a dragon after or as he bathed in the blood of dragons. I am uncertain which is/was the case.
2) If Acnologia became the Dragon King X-hundred years ago, why then did he vanish from history only to reappear occasionally (in close proximity to Zeref). Did Zeref do something to Acnologia that removed him from this plane after he had transformed into a dragon? Did whatever Zeref did link Acologia to Zeref such that he Acno, can only materialize where and when Zeref is? Is Acnologia trying to kill Zeref or perhaps otherwise release himself from Zeref's power?
3) Compared to today's Dragon Slayers, Why was acnologia so insanely powerful? It is obvious that the level of power from today's DS magic is puny next to what Acno had. Is there another level of DS magic, or is it something you get to after killing multiple dragons one by one?
Note sting and Rogue's dragons had them kill them, was this to give Sting+rogue a rapid power boost? Did they also bathe in their dragons blood?
4) Igneel is counting on Natsu. Did Igneel invest an alternate method of empowering a DS in Natsu that could eventually compete with Acnologia's power levels?
If this future is reversed (assuming that is what Future Lucy said), Would Ultea come back to life?
1) It's not certain, according to Zirconis he slaughtered dragons and bathed in their blood but according to Arcadios his research indicates Zeref played a hand in his transformation which is plausable since Zeref seems to be connected to him in some way.
2) His the Black Dragon of Apocalypse, the answer is in the name. His purpose is to bring about the next apocalypse and then go back to sleep, that's why Zeref was pissed at Grimore Heart because their evil intent awakened him and he said "now mankind will have to embark on another long journey" meaning Acnologia is going to do his thing.
3) I've also been thinking about this, my theory is he was already someone powerful and sinister on Gildarts level and then Dragon Slayer Magic gave him even more power or he could've ambushed his dragon when it dropped it's guard which is more plausible since Sting was able to kill Vicelogia when he dropped his guard and let him go for the kill willingly.
4) That's unknown but what I find interesting is that they seem to also know about Zeref, Grandine was going to mention something regarding Zeref but she let it go, if he created Acnologia then he would be the only one who knows how to defeat it, although he did say that's something that you can't win against not to mention his shit scared of Acnologia
I'm sorry Paul but Ultear is dead, I'm gonna miss her too she had a killer body with the best curves lol
If according to the rules of their future changing plan then anything that happened after the opening of the gate is subject to change, including the death of Ultear etc. I think
About Ultear, so sad. (Even if she's a witch the Bleep bleeps! and the Oompahpahs! on Her were well, cough cough, very very well designed..aesthetically speaking of course..Ahem! cough cough)
Then agian, the timeline in Rave seemed to be quite linear, but in FT, Mashima already have shown that there are at least 2 known timelines and what Jellal's aim is to get to a third, new best one, rather than to the original like Ultear wanted.
If time was to be linear, then F.Lucy from 10,000 Dragon world and F.Rogue from Acnologia world, wouldn't be able to exist at the same time, unless they have come from separate timelines.
Seeing as GS themselves can't scratch Dragons, I wonder just what they really slay. At first I though perhaps that they might be similar, or even almost the same as DS, since in some legends Dragons are considered Gods, but that doesn't seem the case, even if they have similar powers. In other words, they seem to be slayers of something else, perhaps high ranking demons, like False Gods or Dark Ones, or whatever there was ? Or perhaps all other creatures that reached God-Status, like Pheonix, Turtles and the like ? After all, there might be a race that Dragons themselve battled against before they started to fight amongst each other.
BTW. I hope that the new Rave x FT OVA will ignite the will to create more OVAs about Rave ;D, well I'm not hopping that we will get a new series, but a few OVAs would be nice, like Haru vs Sword Saint. You know, in similar manner as they did Tsubasa OVAs like Tokyo Revelations and the like ;)>.