I wonder if the rain thing with this hollow has to do with why Zangetsu hates rain.
and maybe its just me, but does anyone else see quite a bit of Orihime in Masaki's features??
^ oh yes, both are always so happy go lucky even if they are sad. And then they both have that food thing.
It was mentioned that Zanpakutou are more character based, rather than through genetics and it was mentioned that Ichigo and Ishin are similar (probably in their principles). Beside, his sword does what his hollow form specializes in, shoots energies and is super fast. Look at the hand-blades of that hollow and Ichigo's current Bankai.
Ichigo's hair have a light orange color, which is rather strange considering that Ishin had black and Misaki had dark blond?/orange? hair.
The near identical look of Ichigo and Kaien, would rather suggest that they had the same parent(s) and not simply being of the same clan (which means that Ichigo might be of Shiba clan, but not necessarily Ishin's son). Of course, if Kaien's father/mother was Ishin's twin brother/sister, then it would explain that as well.
Shinigami and Humans can become hollows and considering Aizen's workings in this case, who can say that Aizen did not kidnap a child of a noble family and fertilized that child to the state we see now ? With his Zan, he could easily fake his death.
Well anyway, seeing as both Ryuken and Hashwald have white hair, they are probably somehow related. Seeing as Bach didn't age much or if any, perhaps Hashwald as well didn't get older and in fact is Ryuken's father, that in this chapter is mentioned to be in the 5th field ? IIRC Soken wasn't directly related to Ryuken and Uryu. This make sense seeing as Ryuken has white hair, while his mother has black, which would make his father have white, but Soken clearly did not.
Perhaps that hollow at the end was Aizen's own Asuichi creation?
Anyone else think the hollow+rain connection may be an allusion to Ichigo's rain within his inner world that time? Before it flooded of course.
1. This is Bleach we are talking about, don't take anything for granted. Just because Ishin said "you killed it" doesn't have to meen she did. it's possible that he just assumed that, based on the fact that the two of them are alive, and the enemy is nowhere to be seen. What I'm saying is, we have no proof Masaki killed the hollow.... yet.
2. Up until now, we have only seen Quincy techniques for all-round typical combat. (Outside of Juha's death-squad. Which seems to exist solely to kill Shinigami). The type that could have been developed to fight against non hollow foes, such as Shinigami or even the odd Arrancar. Masaki could be relatively weak, compared to a Shinigami captain. Yet know a few tricks, that could at least force a powerful hollow to retreat. Something Ishida might not know existed. Something a Shinigami might not have.
3. Masaki is the last of Kurosaki's, which means that she could know some tricks unique to her house which we have never seen.
4. Which brings me to think.... Perhaps Masaki IS ridiculously strong, yet she knows nothing about Ishida family techniques, hence her taking "baby steps". It's only logical, that the techniques she is being thought, are of the Ishida branch. due to her role in the family. So Masaki might be very strong, and yet still have a lot to learn.
5. I think one of the translations did say about the mother's being pregnant. Either way, it makes much more sense. If a hollow could affect a human, to the point where it would later give birth to a "modified" child. Then Quincy woman would be forbidden to fight. It makes more sense that the only time such measures were taken, was when they were with child.
6.It has been established quite some time ago, that the reason Captain class had limiters put on them, when entering Human world, was because their presence alone, could affect the souls residing there. While the comparison to virus HIV is a little... well let's just say i wouldn't call this an infection. I think that the process is the same for a Vasto Lorde - level hollow. In other words it's possible that a typical hollow, or even a Gillian is not enough to "imprint" some of its powers on a human fetus. you probably need something of Adjuchas class or higher. The danger of a woman Quincy coming in contact with such a powerful beast shouldn't be all that high.
Didn't Isshin say "Engetsu was the same..." when he was watching Ichigo train in the time-tunnel thingy?
He could've used the FGT too in this fight. Or perhaps it would make more sense that he used it later when the Hollow reappeared, assuming that the Hollow escaped and came back after Masaki was pregnant; which would be plausible. That way Isshin could've been banished by the Gotei 13 because; firstly, he fell in love with a Quincy; secondly, abandoned his duty as a captain in order to live with his then-gf/wife; and lastly, relinquish his Shinigami powers. Therefore bringing humiliation to the Shiba family.
Got to the inner-world-rain relationship before me, damn.