Design the October MangaShare Banner [Entry Thread - Closed]
Many people have expressed interest in me running contests to show off awesome fan art / colorings in the header like I used to do on bsmanga.com. Well, here it is!
This contest is to decide the new global header image (will show on the home page and all forums except bleach, dgrayman, naruto and one piece) for display on October 1st to October 31st, 2007. If all goes well, this will be a monthly event on the forum.
Please look over the rules below.
THIS THREAD IS ONLY FOR POSTING YOUR SUBMISSIONS. UPLOAD THEM TO THE MANGASHARE GALLERY OR A FREE HOST LIKE IMAGESHACK AND POST IT IN A REPLY BELOW. ALL DISCUSSION ON SUBMISSIONS SHOULD TAKE PLACE IN THE SEPERATE THREAD LOCATED HERE.
Rules for Entering:
The winning entry will be judged by the administrators and moderators of the site. In the event that the staff is unable to make a majority decision on an entry, a public vote will be held. Entries not selected as winners are free to be resubmit for the next month's contest. Though I'm sure we'll get several great submissions, if we don't end up getting anything worthy of showing off on the site for a month, we reserve the right to void this contest and remain with our original header throughout October.
- Only submit pieces YOU have drawn / colored. If you're found to have submitted somebody else's work, your entry will be disqualified.
- Submit either an original drawing (preferably colored, but B&W might work too), or a colored page from original manga line art.
- Design your piece to fit the "widescreen" nature of the header (click here to see the size to get an idea). Art that can not be cropped or resized to fit the header will not be considered.
- Submissions from any date are considered, it doesn't matter if you made it 3 years ago or yesterday, as long as it looks nice!
- Only mainstream manga have a real good shot at winning. Don't let that stop you though, if your drawing is really awesome it can still get the spot.
- If you sign your work, please do it in the bottom right corner of the image, or at least close to it.
Get noticed by having your work seen by over 500,000 unique people over the course of the month. If you have a talented friend who would be interested, let them know about this contest!
Let's see what you can do!